Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 2


The weather in upstate NY hasn't been very summer like. I've actually been able to bake things that I don't usually do this time of year. Today is one of those days. As I sit here working on day 2, I am enjoying banana bread that I made this morning with a cup of dark Mayan chocolate (general foods international coffee). It is almost half gone already since my little ones really love banana bread! I used whole wheat flour this time and it changed the taste just a bit but in a good way. I also put wheat germ on the top of the loaf before baking it. Adds a bit more nutrition to it. Since my oldest daughter isn't home to enjoy any of it, I added walnuts as well. She doesn't do walnuts since they make her throat feel funny. I guess even though the weather isn't really the way that we would like it to be this time a year, there is still some good in it. I can bake and not become overheated in the kitchen!

No comments: